Home » News » Public Safety
Charlestown police cruiser struck attempting U-turn, teens injured
CHARLESTOWN — A Charlestown police cruiser attempting to make a U-turn on Route 12 on Friday was hit by a pickup truck, state police said.
Police said Charlestown police Officer Raymond Gosetti was heading south on Route 12 about 4:30 p.m. Friday when he saw a northbound car commit a violation. He turned on his emergency lights and pulled to the side of the road to turn around and head north, state police said.
His cruiser was hit by a pickup truck driven by Jacob Van Velsor, 19, of Charlestown, who was trying to pass the cruiser on the left after it pulled over to the side of the road. Van Velsor and a passenger, Hunter Sylvester, 17, of Charlestown, each suffered minor injuries in the crash and declined medical treatment, state police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 1
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?