Keene wins, Laconia loses in NECBL playoff openers
It was good news, bad news for the New Hampshire teams in NECBL playoff action Friday night.
The Keene Swamp Bats blasted Vermont, 22-0, in Game 1 of their best-of-three series while the Bedford Bay Sox claimed a 6-3 win over the Laconia Muskrats in Game 1 of that series.
Keene pounded out 22 hits and recorded 10 runs in the seventh inning and another six in the eighth to break the game open.
Swamp Bats catcher Frankie Schwindel led the way with four hits and six RBIs. The teams meet for Game 2 tonight at 6:30 p.m. in Montpelier.
Meanwhile, Laconia managed all of its scoring in the fourth inning. Consecutive RBIs from Tim Swatek, Regan Flaherty and John Ziznewski accounted for the three-spot. The Muskrats stranded 12 men on base in the game.
Bedford and Laconia evenly split their eight-game series in the regular season. Game two will be at Robbie Mills Field in Laconia tonight at 6:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840