Keene wins, Laconia loses in NECBL playoff openers
It was good news, bad news for the New Hampshire teams in NECBL playoff action Friday night.
The Keene Swamp Bats blasted Vermont, 22-0, in Game 1 of their best-of-three series while the Bedford Bay Sox claimed a 6-3 win over the Laconia Muskrats in Game 1 of that series.
Keene pounded out 22 hits and recorded 10 runs in the seventh inning and another six in the eighth to break the game open.
Swamp Bats catcher Frankie Schwindel led the way with four hits and six RBIs. The teams meet for Game 2 tonight at 6:30 p.m. in Montpelier.
Meanwhile, Laconia managed all of its scoring in the fourth inning. Consecutive RBIs from Tim Swatek, Regan Flaherty and John Ziznewski accounted for the three-spot. The Muskrats stranded 12 men on base in the game.
Bedford and Laconia evenly split their eight-game series in the regular season. Game two will be at Robbie Mills Field in Laconia tonight at 6:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 0
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 8
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840