May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Pelham teenager arrested following break-in, fight
PELHAM - An early morning break-in resulted in a fight and the arrest of the would-be burglar Sunday.
Police arrested Leo Moro, 17, of Pelham, following an early morning break-in during which he allegedly assaulted people in the house before fleeing from police.
Police responded to a call of a break-in at 2:40 a.m. on Sunday at Litchfield Circle. While officers were on their way, a fight began in the house, according to officials.
Moro allegedly threw an object at one person causing a severe laceration above the victim’s eye and punched another person in the face, said police officials. When officers arrived, Moro ran into the woods.
Master Patrol Officer Eugene Stahl pursued Moro, eventually using a taser to subdue him.
Police were later able to determine that Moro knew the code to the garage and entered without permission.
Moro was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, simple assault, resisting arrest and unlawful possession. He is being held pending a scheduled arraignment on Monday at the 10th Circuit District Court-Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 1
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 2
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Berlin man dies while kayaking
Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424