May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Racist graffiti message left on Concord building housing immigrant family
CONCORD — A hate-filled message was written in permanent black marker on the front of a Thompson Street apartment house where a family of legal immigrants reside.
It is the fourth such incident occurring in the south end of the city in the past year, police said. No arrests have been made in any of the cases.
The family discovered the racist message about 6 a.m. Sunday.
“We can not coexist with third world scum. The Primitive beasts like those in this house are to blame for the crimes we now suffer. Love your legals, DePort the rest,” was the message.
“It does appear the victims were deliberately targeted based on their race and/or culture,” said Lt. Timothy O'Malley.
He said it is the fourth time in the past year in a four- to five-block area of the city's South End that buildings where legal immigrants reside have been defaced with racist graffiti.
O'Malley said there appear to be similarities among the incidents, i.e., the hate messages all were written in black permanent marker on the exterior of apartment buildings where legal immigrants reside.
He said two individuals residing in the Thompson Street building are the ones police believe are the target of the racist message. They immigrated from a Third World country, have lived in Concord for several years, are employed and have had zero contact with police.
“We have no complaints against them. They are very good citizens,” he said.
Police released a photograph of the message and hope someone will recognize the handwriting or the verbiage used and call investigators.
Anyone who has information about this incident or the others is asked to call Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100, or submit information online to the website at: www.concordregionalcrimeline.com, or Text TIP234 and a message to CRIMES (274637).
Crimeline awards cash to anyone whose information leads to the arrest and indictment of criminals. All tips remain anonymous.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424