June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Racist graffiti message left on Concord building housing immigrant family
CONCORD — A hate-filled message was written in permanent black marker on the front of a Thompson Street apartment house where a family of legal immigrants reside.
It is the fourth such incident occurring in the south end of the city in the past year, police said. No arrests have been made in any of the cases.
The family discovered the racist message about 6 a.m. Sunday.
“We can not coexist with third world scum. The Primitive beasts like those in this house are to blame for the crimes we now suffer. Love your legals, DePort the rest,” was the message.
“It does appear the victims were deliberately targeted based on their race and/or culture,” said Lt. Timothy O'Malley.
He said it is the fourth time in the past year in a four- to five-block area of the city's South End that buildings where legal immigrants reside have been defaced with racist graffiti.
O'Malley said there appear to be similarities among the incidents, i.e., the hate messages all were written in black permanent marker on the exterior of apartment buildings where legal immigrants reside.
He said two individuals residing in the Thompson Street building are the ones police believe are the target of the racist message. They immigrated from a Third World country, have lived in Concord for several years, are employed and have had zero contact with police.
“We have no complaints against them. They are very good citizens,” he said.
Police released a photograph of the message and hope someone will recognize the handwriting or the verbiage used and call investigators.
Anyone who has information about this incident or the others is asked to call Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100, or submit information online to the website at: www.concordregionalcrimeline.com, or Text TIP234 and a message to CRIMES (274637).
Crimeline awards cash to anyone whose information leads to the arrest and indictment of criminals. All tips remain anonymous.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424