Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Wildlife camera snaps pictures of kayak thief in Boscawen
BOSCAWEN — A motion-activated wildlife camera caught images of more than squirrels, bears and moose when a man took two kayaks from a camp on Chadwick Hill Road near Walker Pond Friday morning.
The man was photographed taking the Old Town kayaks — one orange and one blue — about 9 a.m. He was wearing a light gray or white shirt, black shorts, sneakers and a camouflage ball cap, police said.
Sgt. Jason S. Killary said it was fortunate the property owner had installed the camera.
“That’s fantastic,” Killary said, adding the images provide a description and a photo of the kayaks themselves.
Killary said the homes and camps on the road are mostly occupied by seasonal residents.
“People come to live there in the good weather,” Killary said, adding he believes there is at least one resident who lives year-round on the street.
Killary said police continue to patrol the community.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call Boscawen police at (603) 753-9124.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424