Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Wildlife camera snaps pictures of kayak thief in Boscawen
BOSCAWEN — A motion-activated wildlife camera caught images of more than squirrels, bears and moose when a man took two kayaks from a camp on Chadwick Hill Road near Walker Pond Friday morning.
The man was photographed taking the Old Town kayaks — one orange and one blue — about 9 a.m. He was wearing a light gray or white shirt, black shorts, sneakers and a camouflage ball cap, police said.
Sgt. Jason S. Killary said it was fortunate the property owner had installed the camera.
“That’s fantastic,” Killary said, adding the images provide a description and a photo of the kayaks themselves.
Killary said the homes and camps on the road are mostly occupied by seasonal residents.
“People come to live there in the good weather,” Killary said, adding he believes there is at least one resident who lives year-round on the street.
Killary said police continue to patrol the community.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call Boscawen police at (603) 753-9124.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424