Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Wildlife camera snaps pictures of kayak thief in Boscawen
BOSCAWEN — A motion-activated wildlife camera caught images of more than squirrels, bears and moose when a man took two kayaks from a camp on Chadwick Hill Road near Walker Pond Friday morning.
The man was photographed taking the Old Town kayaks — one orange and one blue — about 9 a.m. He was wearing a light gray or white shirt, black shorts, sneakers and a camouflage ball cap, police said.
Sgt. Jason S. Killary said it was fortunate the property owner had installed the camera.
“That’s fantastic,” Killary said, adding the images provide a description and a photo of the kayaks themselves.
Killary said the homes and camps on the road are mostly occupied by seasonal residents.
“People come to live there in the good weather,” Killary said, adding he believes there is at least one resident who lives year-round on the street.
Killary said police continue to patrol the community.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call Boscawen police at (603) 753-9124.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 1
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
- Three get prison for passing bad checks at Tilton outlets - 0
- Inmate indicted in 2009 kidnapping, rape of woman - 0
- Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 1
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424