Home » News » Public Safety
Names of Goffstown accident victims released
GOFFSTOWN — State boating officials have released the name of the two people involved in a Jet Ski accident on Glen Lake Sunday afternoon.
Imtiaz Shaikh, 40, was the male passenger who had difficulty swimming and sank beneath the water after getting thrown off a SeaDoo watercraft as it made a turn on the lake, the New Hampshire Marine Patrol said.
Several people brought Shaikh to shore and performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation until rescue personnel arrived. Authorities said Monday his medical condition has improved and that his life is no longer in danger.
The driver, Elena Birca, 29, was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.
Neither was wearing a personal flotation device, which is required under state law, the Marine Patrol said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 1
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?