Home » News » Public Safety
Names of Goffstown accident victims released
GOFFSTOWN — State boating officials have released the name of the two people involved in a Jet Ski accident on Glen Lake Sunday afternoon.
Imtiaz Shaikh, 40, was the male passenger who had difficulty swimming and sank beneath the water after getting thrown off a SeaDoo watercraft as it made a turn on the lake, the New Hampshire Marine Patrol said.
Several people brought Shaikh to shore and performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation until rescue personnel arrived. Authorities said Monday his medical condition has improved and that his life is no longer in danger.
The driver, Elena Birca, 29, was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.
Neither was wearing a personal flotation device, which is required under state law, the Marine Patrol said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 10
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013