Home » Opinion » Editorials
Harry Reid: Puppy Killer
The word is out that U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid eats puppies collected off the streets by his rag-tag army of child slaves, whom he keeps until they turn eight, at which point he trades them for front-row tickets to Justin Bieber concerts.
At least, that’s what someone told us.
Prove it, you say? Oh, pshaw. Let Reid prove it untrue.
That, dear readers, is the standard for public debate that Harry Reid set one week ago when he said this about Mitt Romney in an interview with The Huffington Post: “He didn’t pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that’s true? Well, I’m not certain.”
Reid said a Bain investor told him that. He insists it is true, but he refuses to name the investor. Helpfully, Nancy Pelosi insisted on Monday that it was true with this logic: “Harry Reid made a statement that is true. Somebody told him. It is a fact.”
Well, someone once told us that Nancy Pelosi was Satan, so....
Reid’s sliminess was so beyond the pale that liberal comedian Jon Stewart said last Wednesday, “You, Harry Reid, are terrible.”
Ah, the truth at last. Also true: these are the lengths to which Obama allies will go to divert the voters’ attention from the economy and Obama’s record. Funny, we don’t hear Obama complaining about “distractions” from the real issues very much these days. Wonder why that is.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 7
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans