May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester teen accused of dealing pot
MANCHESTER— A 16-year-old girl is accused of being a drug dealer after police say they found about 1.7 ounces of marijuana in a backpack inside her car while investigating an accident on Hooksett Road.
The Manchester teen rear-ended another vehicle just after 8 p.m. Tuesday near 443 Hooksett Road, according to a police press release detailing the arrest.
The vehicles had minor damage, but police said when officers approached the teen’s car, an odor of marijuana was coming from it. Police said further investigation revealed not only had she and her passenger, another 16-year-old teen, been smoking marijuana but there was more marijuana inside the car.
Police said they found a jar containing about 50 grams, or 1.7 oz., of suspected marijuana inside the driver’s backpack in the rear of the car. The backpack also contained two grinders, a box of sandwich bags and other items.
The teen was charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute, a felony that will be handled through juvenile court. The other teen was released to a parent.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 0
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424