May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Former cop arrested in assault at Manchester bar
MANCHESTER — A former Bradford police officer from Bow is under arrest after Manchester police say he knocked a woman unconscious Tuesday night in a downtown bar.
Shawn Spooner, 42, of 29 Dicandra Drive, Bow, was asked to leave the Element Lounge, 1055 Elm St., about 10:40 p.m. due to intoxication and inappropriate behavior reported by witnesses, according to a police press release.
As he was heading out, Spooner allegedly assaulted and slapped other patrons. Police said Pichchinda Duong of Manchester confronted him after he hit one of the individuals sitting with her at a table outside the lounge.
When she did, Spooner allegedly grabbed her and threw her to the pavement. She was knocked unconscious when her head hit the ground. Emergency personnel were treating her when police arrived. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment of the head wound and was later released. At Spooner's arraignment Wednesday, police said the woman required several staples to close the head wound.
Spooner was located and arrested at the Vine Street parking garage on charges of second-degree assault, simple assault, attempted simple assault, and disorderly conduct.
He was arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Court, where bail was set at a total of $15,000 cash/surety, with a probable cause hearing set for Aug. 22 on the felony charge and trial set for Nov. 6 on the misdemeanor charges.
Spooner was convicted of resisting arrest at a Concord restaurant in October 2011. He was arrested at the Green Martini Restaurant on Pleasant Street Extension.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 8
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424