May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Stop sticks end police pursuit in Derry
DERRY — A state trooper working a detail in Derry put out stop sticks that flattened the tires of a Pontiac being pursued by another state trooper.
John Gohlke, 23, of Lawrence, Mass., was arrested on several motor vehicle charges after a brief pursuit that began just after 2 p.m. on Interstate 93 north in Londonderry.
According to a press release issued by state police, Trooper Bryan Plamondon tried to pull over a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix being driven by Gohlke. Lawrence police asked state police to check on the driver who allegedly was driving erratically and had made an unsafe lane change.
The Pontiac refused to stop for Plamondon, resulting in a pursuit from the highway onto South Main Street in Derry where Trooper Chad Lavoie, who was working a detail, put out stop sticks that flattened the Pontiac's tires and ended the chase.
Gohlke was arrested and charged with reckless conduct, disobeying a police officer and reckless driving.
What's next: Gohlke is to appear Oct. 12 in 10th Circuit Court, Derry District, for arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424