May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Stop sticks end police pursuit in Derry
DERRY — A state trooper working a detail in Derry put out stop sticks that flattened the tires of a Pontiac being pursued by another state trooper.
John Gohlke, 23, of Lawrence, Mass., was arrested on several motor vehicle charges after a brief pursuit that began just after 2 p.m. on Interstate 93 north in Londonderry.
According to a press release issued by state police, Trooper Bryan Plamondon tried to pull over a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix being driven by Gohlke. Lawrence police asked state police to check on the driver who allegedly was driving erratically and had made an unsafe lane change.
The Pontiac refused to stop for Plamondon, resulting in a pursuit from the highway onto South Main Street in Derry where Trooper Chad Lavoie, who was working a detail, put out stop sticks that flattened the Pontiac's tires and ended the chase.
Gohlke was arrested and charged with reckless conduct, disobeying a police officer and reckless driving.
What's next: Gohlke is to appear Oct. 12 in 10th Circuit Court, Derry District, for arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424