Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist from Wolfeboro seriously injured on Route 160
PARSONSFIELD, Maine — A 28-year-old Wolfeboro man underwent surgery for serious head injuries this week after the motorcycle he was riding crashed on Route 160 in Parsonsfield Monday night.
According to the York County Sheriff’s Department, the driver, Adam Schaledaum, was driving an unregistered Kawasaki motorcycle on Route 160 with another motorcyclist, Schaledaum’s friend, David Drew, 30, of Parsonsfield, following behind. Schaledaum failed to turn a corner, hit the road’s shoulder, and he was ejected from the motorcycle.
Drew braked to avoid a collision and dumped his Suzuki motorcycle on the road. He suffered cuts to his legs.
Speed and driver inexperience are likely factors in the crash, said Deputy Bob Carr.
Schaledaum is being treated at Maine Medical Center in Portland, where Carr had heard from doctors that he is expected to “pull through.”
The accident was reported at 5:11 p.m. in the area of 296 North Road, also known as Route 160.
Carr said Maine does not have a mandatory helmet law except for passengers under 18 years of age, and for drivers with less than a year of experience on a motorcycle.
No charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida - 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19