Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist from Wolfeboro seriously injured on Route 160
PARSONSFIELD, Maine — A 28-year-old Wolfeboro man underwent surgery for serious head injuries this week after the motorcycle he was riding crashed on Route 160 in Parsonsfield Monday night.
According to the York County Sheriff’s Department, the driver, Adam Schaledaum, was driving an unregistered Kawasaki motorcycle on Route 160 with another motorcyclist, Schaledaum’s friend, David Drew, 30, of Parsonsfield, following behind. Schaledaum failed to turn a corner, hit the road’s shoulder, and he was ejected from the motorcycle.
Drew braked to avoid a collision and dumped his Suzuki motorcycle on the road. He suffered cuts to his legs.
Speed and driver inexperience are likely factors in the crash, said Deputy Bob Carr.
Schaledaum is being treated at Maine Medical Center in Portland, where Carr had heard from doctors that he is expected to “pull through.”
The accident was reported at 5:11 p.m. in the area of 296 North Road, also known as Route 160.
Carr said Maine does not have a mandatory helmet law except for passengers under 18 years of age, and for drivers with less than a year of experience on a motorcycle.
No charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 25, 2013
State puts out call for foster parents