Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Conway product Locke called up to bigs
The Pirates recalled left-hander Jeff Locke from Class AAA Indianapolis before Wednesday’s game and optioned outfielder Alex Presley to Indianapolis.
Locke will likely provide a long relief option out of the bullpen while Kevin Correia, who is making a spot start in tonight’s game, is unavailable. Correia should be available in relief by Saturday’s game.
Locke, 24, made 21 starts for Indianapolis this season and struck out 113 batters in 125 innings with a 2.66 ERA. He joined the Pirates, along with Gorkys Hernandez and Charlie Morton, from the Atlanta Braves organization in a trade for Nate McLouth in 2009.
Locke made four starts for the Pirates last season.
Locke is from Conway, N.H. He starred at Kennett High School and was a first-round pick of the Atlanta Braves in 2006.
Presley, 26, hit .234 with a .275 on-base percentage this season. He spent 20 games in the minors earlier this season. The promotion of Starling Marte and the acquisition of former New Hampshire Fisher Cat Travis Snider from Toronto relegated him to a bench role.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
- Londonderry church blesses pets - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained