May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police say man smeared blood in back of cruiser
LONDONDERRY — A Derry man faces a long list of criminal charges after crashing his car near St. Mary’s Bank on Gilcrest Road early Wednesday morning.
Police arrested Daniel Myron Ferrin, 26, at the scene shortly after 1 a.m. Ferrin suffered minor cuts and scrapes in the crash. His two passengers were unharmed and are not facing charges.
Witnesses reported seeing Ferrin’s vehicle traveling recklessly down Gilcrest Road without headlights on and swerving over the yellow line shortly before the crash. An open container of alcohol was found inside the vehicle.
According to police Lt. Tim Jones, Ferrin argued with the officer attempting to arrest him and despite being handcuffed, began to intentionally smear and spit blood inside the back of the police cruiser.
Ferrin’s charges include driving under the influence of drugs or liquor, two counts of resisting arrest or detention, simple assault, two counts of criminal mischief/vandalism, operating without headlights, yellow line violation, two counts of criminal threatening and driving with an open container of alcohol.
Held on $2,500 cash bail, Ferrin will appear for a probable cause hearing in Derry District Court on Aug. 13.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 1
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424