June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police say man smeared blood in back of cruiser
LONDONDERRY — A Derry man faces a long list of criminal charges after crashing his car near St. Mary’s Bank on Gilcrest Road early Wednesday morning.
Police arrested Daniel Myron Ferrin, 26, at the scene shortly after 1 a.m. Ferrin suffered minor cuts and scrapes in the crash. His two passengers were unharmed and are not facing charges.
Witnesses reported seeing Ferrin’s vehicle traveling recklessly down Gilcrest Road without headlights on and swerving over the yellow line shortly before the crash. An open container of alcohol was found inside the vehicle.
According to police Lt. Tim Jones, Ferrin argued with the officer attempting to arrest him and despite being handcuffed, began to intentionally smear and spit blood inside the back of the police cruiser.
Ferrin’s charges include driving under the influence of drugs or liquor, two counts of resisting arrest or detention, simple assault, two counts of criminal mischief/vandalism, operating without headlights, yellow line violation, two counts of criminal threatening and driving with an open container of alcohol.
Held on $2,500 cash bail, Ferrin will appear for a probable cause hearing in Derry District Court on Aug. 13.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today - 0
- Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424