May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Two arrested in Nashua home invasion
NASHUA - Two men are under arrest in a home invasion Thursday morning on Arlington Street during which a man was assaulted, kidnapped and zapped with a stun gun.
Police arrested George Lopez, 25, of 2 Manorcrest Drive, and Richard Smith, 28, of 72 Manchester St., for kidnapping and robbery, both class A felonies, after the victim jumped out a window when they left him alone.
Lopez has an additional charge of burglary, also a class A felony,.
According to a press release, the home invasion was reported at 2 a.m. Two men broke into the residence and attacked a man, threatening him with a gun, knocking him to the floor and zapping him with a stun gun.
They forced him out of his home, into his vehicle and made him drive them to 61 Burke St. Lt. Michael Moushegian said the kidnappers left the victim alone inside the Burke Street residence which allowed the victim to jump out a window and escape.
The three men know each other, police said, and the assault was the result of a dispute between Lopez and the victim, who police did not identify in the press release.
Lopez was held on $75,000 cash/surety while Smith's bail was set at $50,000 cash/surety, pending arraignment Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 13
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424