June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Two arrested in Nashua home invasion
NASHUA - Two men are under arrest in a home invasion Thursday morning on Arlington Street during which a man was assaulted, kidnapped and zapped with a stun gun.
Police arrested George Lopez, 25, of 2 Manorcrest Drive, and Richard Smith, 28, of 72 Manchester St., for kidnapping and robbery, both class A felonies, after the victim jumped out a window when they left him alone.
Lopez has an additional charge of burglary, also a class A felony,.
According to a press release, the home invasion was reported at 2 a.m. Two men broke into the residence and attacked a man, threatening him with a gun, knocking him to the floor and zapping him with a stun gun.
They forced him out of his home, into his vehicle and made him drive them to 61 Burke St. Lt. Michael Moushegian said the kidnappers left the victim alone inside the Burke Street residence which allowed the victim to jump out a window and escape.
The three men know each other, police said, and the assault was the result of a dispute between Lopez and the victim, who police did not identify in the press release.
Lopez was held on $75,000 cash/surety while Smith's bail was set at $50,000 cash/surety, pending arraignment Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424