Home » News » Public Safety
Body found behind Jacques Memorial School in Milford
MILFORD - A body has been found behind Jacques Memorial School, but police are withholding additional information until the state medical examiner's office arrives.
Capt. Chris Nervik of the Milford Police Department said someone reported a body behind the elementary school on Elm Street on Friday morning. Police searched the area and Nervik confirmed that a body was found, but would not say whether it was male or female, or in what condition the body was in.
"Right now, we're waiting for the state medical examiner to arrive before we can release any more details," Nervik said. "We don't know at this point what the cause of death was and we can't say whether there's anything suspicious or not suspicious."
At this point, police are calling it an "untimely death," Nervik said. "It could be a few days before we have any more information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 1
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 4
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072