Home » News » Public Safety
Body found behind Jacques Memorial School in Milford
MILFORD - A body has been found behind Jacques Memorial School, but police are withholding additional information until the state medical examiner's office arrives.
Capt. Chris Nervik of the Milford Police Department said someone reported a body behind the elementary school on Elm Street on Friday morning. Police searched the area and Nervik confirmed that a body was found, but would not say whether it was male or female, or in what condition the body was in.
"Right now, we're waiting for the state medical examiner to arrive before we can release any more details," Nervik said. "We don't know at this point what the cause of death was and we can't say whether there's anything suspicious or not suspicious."
At this point, police are calling it an "untimely death," Nervik said. "It could be a few days before we have any more information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072