Home » News » Public Safety
Body found behind Jacques Memorial School in Milford
No information yet on body found near Milford school
MILFORD - A body has been found behind Jacques Memorial School, but police are withholding additional information until the state medical examiner's office arrives.
Capt. Chris Nervik of the Milford Police Department said someone reported a body behind the elementary school on Elm Street on Friday morning. Police searched the area and Nervik confirmed that a body was found, but would not say whether it was male or female, or in what condition the body was in.
"Right now, we're waiting for the state medical examiner to arrive before we can release any more details," Nervik said. "We don't know at this point what the cause of death was and we can't say whether there's anything suspicious or not suspicious."
At this point, police are calling it an "untimely death," Nervik said. "It could be a few days before we have any more information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 28
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?