Home » News » Public Safety
Body found behind Jacques Memorial School in Milford
No information yet on body found near Milford school
MILFORD - A body has been found behind Jacques Memorial School, but police are withholding additional information until the state medical examiner's office arrives.
Capt. Chris Nervik of the Milford Police Department said someone reported a body behind the elementary school on Elm Street on Friday morning. Police searched the area and Nervik confirmed that a body was found, but would not say whether it was male or female, or in what condition the body was in.
"Right now, we're waiting for the state medical examiner to arrive before we can release any more details," Nervik said. "We don't know at this point what the cause of death was and we can't say whether there's anything suspicious or not suspicious."
At this point, police are calling it an "untimely death," Nervik said. "It could be a few days before we have any more information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse