Home » News » Public Safety
Fox attacks, bites couple walking dog in Freedom
FREEDOM - A couple out walking their dog Friday morning on Flintlock Lane were bitten by a fox which was shot and killed by a deputy who it also attacked.
Carroll County Lt. Michael Santuccio said the couple, who he declined to identify, did seek medical treatment. Deputy Brian King, who killed the fox, also went to the hospital because of his exposure to the animal and out of concern it may be rabid.
The incident happened about 7:40 a.m. Officers talked to the couple and then located the fox who attacked them, forcing King to shoot it, Santuccio said. None of the officers was bitten.
The New Hampshire Public Health Lab will test the fox for rabies, Santuccio said.
State Fish and Game is handling the rabies investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage