May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Stolen vehicle nearly strikes a police car
LONDONDERRY — Londonderry police said they unexpectedly discovered a stolen vehicle Thursday afternoon after its driver nearly struck a police cruiser while driving the wrong way down a one-way street.
Tony Nassar, 48, of Manchester and an unidentified passenger were taken to an area hospital with non life-threatening injuries after crashing into another vehicle. The crash immediately followed a police chase that began on a one-way segment of Wilson Road and ended at the intersection of Walton Circle and Old Derry Road.
Shortly after noontime on Thursday, Officer Dan Perry was traveling down Wilson Road as part of his routine patrols when a red Chevrolet Camaro, heading in the opposite direction, narrowly missed hitting him head on.
Perry said the vehicle left before he could stop the driver. A short time later, an off-duty police officer reported seeing the same vehicle on Old Derry Road, moments after it veered off the road and into a utility pole. Police said Nassar apparently struck another vehicle as well. Both vehicles were towed from the scene. No one from the other vehicle was seriously injured.
It was later determined that the Camaro had been reported stolen from a Manchester address earlier that morning.
Public Service of New Hampshire workers arrived to repair the damaged pole and restore power.
Nassar, who was issued a hand summons at Elliot Hospital by local police, faced charges of disobeying an officer, reckless operation and driving while intoxicated.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 3
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 54
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 6
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424