Four familiar faces running for Ward 11 alderman
MANCHESTER — Four people, including a former city alderman, have entered their names into a special primary election to fill the board of mayor and Ward 11 alderman seats vacated by the resignation of Russell Ouellette.
Former alderman and retired city police officer Armand Forest is joined in the campaign by Emily Sandblade, Eric Fischer Jr. and Normand Gamache.
Forest served three terms as an alderman until deciding not to run for re-election in 2007. Sandblade, a software engineer, and Fischer, an electrician, also are familiar names in city elections. Fischer served on the Board of School Committee for four years and he and Sandblade ran against Ouellette in last year’s election for the West Side seat. Gamache is a retired city firefighter.
Ouellette resigned last month after being arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a woman in his truck. He was then arrested a second time for allegedly violating his bail conditions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: A dust-up over Common Core, and kudos to custodians - 7
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Hold your horses, Tex; just how weird was it? - 50
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board gives cool nod to STEAM - 13
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester elections held thrill of victory and near victory - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: World Series it wasn't, but debate had some hits - 6
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was a week of finger-pointing in Manchester politics - 67
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Mayoral debate came down to a question of project financing - 9
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Candidate Beauchamp declines to discuss his past - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Greazzo's attention to detail keeps board honest - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false