Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Driver hits boy, 16, on bike
LACONIA — A teenager suffered a leg injury when he was struck while crossing the street on a bicycle Saturday, police said.
The 16-year-old boy was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for further evaluation.
The vehicle’s driver, Devi C. Dhital of Laconia, told police the light turned green for him to proceed through the intersection of Union Avenue and Main Street when the bicyclist attempted to cross Union Avenue directly in front of Dhital just before 7:45 a.m.
Police said witnesses also said the light was green for Dhital’s vehicle.
READER COMMENTS: 65
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 25
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time