Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Milford woman’s family awaits ID on body
Body identified as missing Milford woman
No information yet on body found near Milford school
MILFORD — Police said they don’t expect to be able to confirm until later this week whether the body discovered behind the Jacques Memorial School on Friday is that of a Milford woman reported missing a week ago.
Police didn’t release the results of an autopsy, scheduled for Saturday morning, to reporters or to William Pillsbury, boyfriend of the missing woman, Lorinda White.
“We’re still in the same spot we were” Friday, Pillsbury said Saturday. “I’m devastated. I’ve cried so much it’s almost hard to shed a tear anymore.”
Police Capt. Chris Nervik said Friday it was too early in the investigation to say whether the body found behind the elementary school and reported to Milford police on Friday morning is the 52-year-old White.
Until an autopsy can be completed by the state medical examiner, there can be no positive identification made.
Nervik said he couldn’t say whether the body was male or female, and until the autopsy is completed, it’s uncertain whether there were any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 0
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 8
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack