Home » News » Public Safety
Hikers lost at Castle in the Clouds found safe
MOULTONBOROUGH - A father and daughter got lost hiking Saturday when they went to the Castle in the Clouds without a map.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to the Mount Shaw trail when Michael Arcidy, 56, of Bedford, and his daughter Chiara Arcidy, 23, of New York City lost the trail due to heavy fog Saturday evening and ended up on a snowmobile trail, according to Fish and Game.
Officers went up with all terrain vehicles to find and rescue the pair, using the GPS in the cell phones of the lost hikers to track their location. They were found safe and brought back to their car around 11:30 p.m.
Fish and Game officers stated the pair had nearly all the necessary hiking gear, except a map. A list of recommended equipment for hiking can be found at www.hikesafe.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 22
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time