Home » Opinion » Editorials
Joseph W. McQuaid: Ovide Lamontagne, right man for NH
Ovide Lamontagne is the right man at the right time to be New Hampshire's next governor. He is also in the right place in his personal and professional life, which is of no small consideration for the job at hand.
Indeed, Lamontagne is one of those successful, hard-working private-sector individuals whom we wish had more time to volunteer for public service.
It is one thing to talk a good game about what needs to be done to lead New Hampshire at this critical time. The damage from years of Democratic, over-spending and cronyism are just now being felt. Difficult choices loom and big government interference from Washington continues.
Anyone can talk. Lamontagne has walked. He has listened, learned, and labored in the private sector and in the unpaid, tireless service of his state and community. From chairing the state board of education to serving Saint Mary's Bank (the nation's first credit union), Catholic Charities, and Easter Seals and heading the commerce division of his law firm, Lamontagne has built a proud New Hampshire record.
It is that experience that makes people who know him so confident in Lamontagne's abilities to snap the state from the lethargy of the Lynch years and to renew the greatness for which New Hampshire is known.
It is just four weeks until the primary, with the general election soon thereafter. It is time to be thinking of New Hampshire's future. It is time for Ovide Lamontagne.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 7
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 2
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans