Lancaster softball team moves on at World Series
Great North Woods of Lancaster completed its sweep of the National Division 2 round-robin format with a 12-3 decision against New Kent, Va., in the Babe Ruth 16U Softball World Series Sunday in Wilson County, N.C.
The Lancaster team, also known as Way North, will advance to the eight-team, double-elimination phase of the World Series beginning today at 11 a.m. against Henderson Vance, N.C.
Great North Woods finished the pool play portion of the tournament with a 4-0 record, outscoring its opponents, 24-4.
Lancaster racked up 11 hits against New Kent. Nadia Wasuta collected four RBIs and highlighted a five-run, first inning uprise with a three-run homer. Kaitlin Wood drove in two runs while Kalie Savage and Emily Wood each had two hits. Lily Stinehour contributed three bunt singles in the win.
Rebecca Hicks pitched three innings, allowing three hits and three walks. She fanned three and allowed two runs.
Emily Brosseau hurled the last four innings, allowing one run and two hits. She fanned five and walked two.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conway's Jeff Locke frustrates Cardinals - 0
- Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start - 0
- Kevin Gray's On Baseball: Home cooking suiting Nolan - 0
- NH's Jeff Locke remains in big leagues as Pittsburgh starter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time