Lancaster softball team moves on at World Series
Great North Woods of Lancaster completed its sweep of the National Division 2 round-robin format with a 12-3 decision against New Kent, Va., in the Babe Ruth 16U Softball World Series Sunday in Wilson County, N.C.
The Lancaster team, also known as Way North, will advance to the eight-team, double-elimination phase of the World Series beginning today at 11 a.m. against Henderson Vance, N.C.
Great North Woods finished the pool play portion of the tournament with a 4-0 record, outscoring its opponents, 24-4.
Lancaster racked up 11 hits against New Kent. Nadia Wasuta collected four RBIs and highlighted a five-run, first inning uprise with a three-run homer. Kaitlin Wood drove in two runs while Kalie Savage and Emily Wood each had two hits. Lily Stinehour contributed three bunt singles in the win.
Rebecca Hicks pitched three innings, allowing three hits and three walks. She fanned three and allowed two runs.
Emily Brosseau hurled the last four innings, allowing one run and two hits. She fanned five and walked two.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan