Lancaster softball team moves on at World Series
Great North Woods of Lancaster completed its sweep of the National Division 2 round-robin format with a 12-3 decision against New Kent, Va., in the Babe Ruth 16U Softball World Series Sunday in Wilson County, N.C.
The Lancaster team, also known as Way North, will advance to the eight-team, double-elimination phase of the World Series beginning today at 11 a.m. against Henderson Vance, N.C.
Great North Woods finished the pool play portion of the tournament with a 4-0 record, outscoring its opponents, 24-4.
Lancaster racked up 11 hits against New Kent. Nadia Wasuta collected four RBIs and highlighted a five-run, first inning uprise with a three-run homer. Kaitlin Wood drove in two runs while Kalie Savage and Emily Wood each had two hits. Lily Stinehour contributed three bunt singles in the win.
Rebecca Hicks pitched three innings, allowing three hits and three walks. She fanned three and allowed two runs.
Emily Brosseau hurled the last four innings, allowing one run and two hits. She fanned five and walked two.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
- Suit: Claremont's North Country Smokehouse claims $606,011 spent on diamond, SUV, more - 9
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions