Lancaster softball team moves on at World Series
Great North Woods of Lancaster completed its sweep of the National Division 2 round-robin format with a 12-3 decision against New Kent, Va., in the Babe Ruth 16U Softball World Series Sunday in Wilson County, N.C.
The Lancaster team, also known as Way North, will advance to the eight-team, double-elimination phase of the World Series beginning today at 11 a.m. against Henderson Vance, N.C.
Great North Woods finished the pool play portion of the tournament with a 4-0 record, outscoring its opponents, 24-4.
Lancaster racked up 11 hits against New Kent. Nadia Wasuta collected four RBIs and highlighted a five-run, first inning uprise with a three-run homer. Kaitlin Wood drove in two runs while Kalie Savage and Emily Wood each had two hits. Lily Stinehour contributed three bunt singles in the win.
Rebecca Hicks pitched three innings, allowing three hits and three walks. She fanned three and allowed two runs.
Emily Brosseau hurled the last four innings, allowing one run and two hits. She fanned five and walked two.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands