Home » Opinion » Editorials
Romney’s pick: Mitt strikes gold with Ryan
Mitt Romney did an excellent job overseeing the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City years ago and he struck gold again over the weekend with his choice of a running mate. By picking U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, Romney makes it clear to Americans what an important choice they have in the coming election.
It is not that Romney-Ryan has the magic bullet that will quickly solve America’s very serious debt and spending problems. It is that their plan is the only credible one and they have the courage of their convictions to see it through.
Paul Ryan, perhaps alone among leading American governing officials right now, has outlined the terrible crisis that confronts us and our children and grandchildren. He understands that the current situation is intolerable and he has written a plan that ratchets back the spending in a responsible way that protects our senior citizens now while also giving our children a solid base for the future.
As readers of this newspaper know full well, we have had our own doubts about Mitt Romney. In choosing Paul Ryan for the ticket, Romney has comforted conservatives while afflicting the leftwing and its media pals. That’s a fine two-for-one.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH