Home » Opinion » Editorials
Romney’s pick: Mitt strikes gold with Ryan
Mitt Romney did an excellent job overseeing the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City years ago and he struck gold again over the weekend with his choice of a running mate. By picking U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, Romney makes it clear to Americans what an important choice they have in the coming election.
It is not that Romney-Ryan has the magic bullet that will quickly solve America’s very serious debt and spending problems. It is that their plan is the only credible one and they have the courage of their convictions to see it through.
Paul Ryan, perhaps alone among leading American governing officials right now, has outlined the terrible crisis that confronts us and our children and grandchildren. He understands that the current situation is intolerable and he has written a plan that ratchets back the spending in a responsible way that protects our senior citizens now while also giving our children a solid base for the future.
As readers of this newspaper know full well, we have had our own doubts about Mitt Romney. In choosing Paul Ryan for the ticket, Romney has comforted conservatives while afflicting the leftwing and its media pals. That’s a fine two-for-one.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time