Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Blue Jays' Morrow set to make another rehab start for Fisher Cats
Toronto Blue Jays ace pitcher Brandon Morrow continues his rehab tonight for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. Morrow is scheduled to start against the Binghamton Mets at 7:05 p.m. as New Hampshire opens a six-game homestand at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. The Fisher Cats expect to welcome their three-millionth fan to the ballpark during the homestand.
The Fisher Cats (48-73) return to Manchester following a 4-2 road trip against the Erie SeaWolves and Akron Aeros.
An oblique strain has kept Morrow on the disabled list since mid-June. He had seven wins, including three shutouts, over 13 starts before the injury. Tonight marks his fourth rehab start and second with New Hampshire. He allowed two runs and three hits in five innings in a win against Erie last week.
New Hampshire, which is 19-38 at home this season, plays a three-game set with Binghamton through Thursday. The teams have split their season-series 7-7. The Mets (59-62) are fourth in the Eastern League Eastern Division.
Altoona, which won three of four at home against the Fisher Cats in late July, makes its first trip to Manchester this weekend for three games (Friday-Sunday). The Curve (59-61) are fourth in the Western Division.
The Fisher Cats finished their road trip on Sunday with a 3-0 win against Akron, the team’s seventh shutout victory this season. Starter Yohan Pino and three other pitchers combined on the five-hitter and John Tolisano hit his ninth home run to lead the offense.
The three-millionth fan to enter the ballpark will win a prize pack that includes 2013 season tickets and a two-night stay at a resort, the team announced.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Schimpf homers twice, Fisher Cats win in Portland - 0
- Fisher Cats power Stroman to first win at New Britain - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Portland offense rips Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats walk off with win - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Portland's Michael Almanzar is the Comeback Kid - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Sea Dogs’ Vazquez showing all the tools - 0
- Walden sparkles as Fishers blank Sea Dogs - 0
- For Fisher Cats, here come the Sea Dogs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 27
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands