May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Salem police say hired help installed cameras to tape woman, toddler in bathroom
SALEM — A Massachusetts man is accused of rigging cameras underneath a trailer and then hiding there while video-recording a woman and her toddler son as they used the bathroom.
The woman, who resides at 15 Friendship Drive, called police Wednesday night when she saw movement in the air duct in her bathroom floor, looked into it and saw a man peering up at her from underneath the floor vent. “Hello,” the man said, and she immediately called 911.
She told police she knew the man, who they identified as Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., because she bought the trailer from him and he had done some work on it two weeks ago.
Hobbs was walking south on Route 28 when police located and confronted him. “I did it, it was me under the trailer,” he blurted out to the officers, according to a press release. He was arrested without incident.
According to police, two weeks ago when Hobbs was working on the trailer, he installed two baby monitors — one in the bedroom and one in the dryer duct in the residence. He later went under the trailer and cuts holes in the floor and in the floor vent in the bathroom.
Police said Hobbs stayed under the trailer for nearly two days with food, beverages and tissues, observing and taping the woman when she was in the bathroom. He allegedly had 16 one-minute videos of the woman, some including her nude toddler son.
Hobbs is charged with prowling, criminal mischief, violation of privacy, unlawful wiretapping, manufacture of child pornography, criminal trespassing and burglary.
What's next: Hobbs refused bail and was transported to Rockingham County jail, pending arraignment Thursday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 6
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 15
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424