Home » News » Public Safety
Driver blacks out, causes 4-car crash in Windham
WINDHAM -- Two people were taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center in Derry on Thursday morning following a four-vehicle accident on Rockingham Road.
The accident happened just before 11 a.m. on Thursday morning when the driver of one car blacked out due to illness, crossing the center line into oncoming traffic, according to Fire Lt. James Brown.
The driver struck three other vehicles. The driver who had blacked out and a woman who was driving one of the other cars and suffered a head injury were taken to the hospital, according to Brown.
The drivers of the other two vehicles did not require additional medical attention.
The Windham Police Department had no further information on the accident as of Thursday evening.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19