Home » News » Public Safety
Driver blacks out, causes 4-car crash in Windham
WINDHAM -- Two people were taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center in Derry on Thursday morning following a four-vehicle accident on Rockingham Road.
The accident happened just before 11 a.m. on Thursday morning when the driver of one car blacked out due to illness, crossing the center line into oncoming traffic, according to Fire Lt. James Brown.
The driver struck three other vehicles. The driver who had blacked out and a woman who was driving one of the other cars and suffered a head injury were taken to the hospital, according to Brown.
The drivers of the other two vehicles did not require additional medical attention.
The Windham Police Department had no further information on the accident as of Thursday evening.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 151
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 26
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off