May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Greenland man arrested on gun charge; "MAC- 11" seized
PORTSMOUTH - A man wanted on a firearms charge was arrested Thursday night in the Gosling Meadows neighborhood.
Joshua Nieves of 265 Portsmouth Ave., Greenland, is charged with two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a convicted felon, violation of a protective order and possession of a controlled drug.
He was arrested after law enforcement officers from Greenland, Hampton, the Seacoast Emergency Response Team, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Rockingham County Sheriff's Department swarmed the Gosling Meadows neighborhood about 11:45 p.m.
Greenland police obtained arrest warrants for Nieves after receiving information he had firearms, in violation of a final protective order out of 7th Circuit Court, Dover Family. Additionally, Nieves was convicted in Hillsborough County Superior Court of armed robbery in 2004, according to a press release.
Police said they located and seized a "MAC-11" firearm with ammunition.
What's next:Nieves is to be arraigned Friday in 10th Circuit Court - Portsmouth District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424