June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Greenland man arrested on gun charge; "MAC- 11" seized
PORTSMOUTH - A man wanted on a firearms charge was arrested Thursday night in the Gosling Meadows neighborhood.
Joshua Nieves of 265 Portsmouth Ave., Greenland, is charged with two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a convicted felon, violation of a protective order and possession of a controlled drug.
He was arrested after law enforcement officers from Greenland, Hampton, the Seacoast Emergency Response Team, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Rockingham County Sheriff's Department swarmed the Gosling Meadows neighborhood about 11:45 p.m.
Greenland police obtained arrest warrants for Nieves after receiving information he had firearms, in violation of a final protective order out of 7th Circuit Court, Dover Family. Additionally, Nieves was convicted in Hillsborough County Superior Court of armed robbery in 2004, according to a press release.
Police said they located and seized a "MAC-11" firearm with ammunition.
What's next:Nieves is to be arraigned Friday in 10th Circuit Court - Portsmouth District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424