New Hampshire Audubon’s Rare Bird Alert
This is New Hampshire Audubon’s Rare Bird Alert for Wednesday, Aug. 15.
A red crossbill was reported from Pittsfield Aug. 10.
An upland sandpiper was reported from Pease International Tradeport on the 12th.
A yellow-billed cuckoo was reported from Moss Hill Road in Boscawen Aug. 8, one was reported from Epping on the 11th and one was reported from Durham on the 12th.
Two fish crows were reported from Durham Aug. 10.
Four red-necked grebes were seen on the Connecticut River in Westmoreland Aug. 12.
A merlin was seen in Sugar Hill Aug. 13.
Three common nighthawks were reported from Lempster, and five were seen in Wentworth’s Location, all during the past week.
A great egret was seen in Hollis Aug. 13.
Six green herons and five willow flycatchers were reported from one location in Salem Aug. 11.
A birder on a Whale Watch out of Rye reported several Cory’s shearwaters, a few Manx shearwaters, many great shearwaters, a possible Leach’s storm-petrel, and many Wilson’s storm-petrels in New Hampshire and Massachusetts waters.
- - - - - - -
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Windham schools reverse post-Sandy Hook ban on dodgeball, other 'human target' games - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time