Goffstown: Mast Road paving to be done at night
GOFFSTOWN — The remainder of the Mast Road paving project will be completed during overnight hours, officials said.
Beginning Aug. 23, paving will take place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., said Selectman Scott Gross, and the town will not incur any additional cost.
“When the paving company did the initial shimming coat, they approached the DPW about doing the night work at no extra charge,” he said.
Gross said fewer cars traveling on the new pavement will be beneficial.
“If you can keep vehicles off it, that’s a good thing,” Gross said.
At the Aug. 13 Board of Selectmen meeting, DPW Director Carl Quiram told selectmen it would be nearly impossible to keep cars off of the fresh pavement, since there are many turns vehicles make into local businesses.
Night paving will keep vehicles from making ruts in the new pavement, Quiram said.
The project is expected to last five nights, and the schedule will be weather dependent. New paint will be added two weeks after the paving is complete.
After several seasons of work on Mast Road, Gross said the night paving will benefit local businesses, whose owners have been vocal about the loss of business during months of construction work in the area.
“I think it’s a little too late,” said Greg Porter, manager at Empire Pools. “We told them to do this two years ago.”
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News