May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Two arrested, one charged in escape from jail program
ROCHESTER — Police decided not to prosecute a woman after her boyfriend allegedly escaped from a work release program at Strafford County Jail Annex Thursday.
Shaun Fifield, 35, of 295 A Spring St. in Farmington, was charged with escape and resisting arrest or detention, while his girlfriend, Laurie Tilton, 50, of 15B Moores Court in Rochester, was charged with hindering apprehension.
Both were arraigned in Rochester District Court Friday, but the police prosecutor agreed not to process the case — a Class B Misdemeanor — against Tilton, according to the court clerk.
Meanwhile Fifield remains in Strafford County Jail on $10,000 cash bail with the condition he have no contact with Tilton, according to court records.
Assistant County Attorney Tim Sullivan said he was not sure whether Fifield — who was in jail after being convicted of simple assault and stalking — went to work or not, but he was charged after failing to report back by 6 p.m. Thursday.
“It’s not exactly clear to me,” Sullivan said.
After receiving a report from Strafford County Dispatch, police began searching for Fifield around 7:18 p.m. Thursday after learning he had allegedly not returned from the work release program and was suspected to be heading to Tilton’s home.
Police discovered both Fifield and Tilton were inside the Moores Court home. After Fifield refused to surrender, Tilton let officers inside, where they used a Taser to take him into custody, according to court records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424