Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Greenland man arrested on firearms charges
PORTSMOUTH — A man wanted on a firearms charge was arrested Thursday night in the Gosling Meadows neighborhood.
Joshua Nieves of 265 Portsmouth Ave., Greenland, is charged with two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a convicted felon, violation of a protective order and possession of a controlled drug.
He was arrested after law enforcement officers from Greenland, Hampton, the Seacoast Emergency Response Team, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department swarmed the Gosling Meadows neighborhood about 11:45 p.m.
Greenland police obtained arrest warrants for Nieves after receiving information he had firerams, in violation of a final protective order out of 7th Circuit Court, Dover Family.
Additionally, Nieves was convicted in Hillsborough County Superior Court of armed robbery in 2004, according to a press release.
Police said they located and seized a MAC-11 firearm with ammunition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 2
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 14
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424